Sunday, July 24, 2011

Neighborhood Fireworks

Here in Utah we celebrate the arrival of the Mormon Pioneers into the Salt Lake Valley on July 24, 1847. In essence we have two days of fireworks in July and this year our Legislature which gets most things wrong finally did something right and legalized certain forms of aerial fireworks. In our neighborhood we gather together in a nearby circle and enjoy a fun night of shared fireworks, sparklers, mosquito bites and popsicles! I took along my camera for a few snap shots, and trust me that's all they are. But it's been a long time since I posted and I wanted to get something up for you to see and to mention that on Monday we'll be attending a local AAA pro baseball game the Bee's) that will have serious fireworks afterwards and I'm hoping to get nice shots of those.

The kids love Sparklers!

Dual fireworks because you can't have too many pyrotechnics!

An illegal aerial that was a two staged spinning helo type thing-a-mabob

Looks like a Christmas tree to me

Going vertical - legally this time!

The leader of all this is actually licensed to use fireworks and has done many pro shows!

Love the purple onesA dual aerial burst

And finally the finale
And that's it for now, hopefully I'll be able to post more early next week, keep your fingers crossed for me for Monday's baseball game and fireworks.
Happy Shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment